We're Hiring - Office Manager
Up to £30k, pro rata if part time
Office Manager - Job Description
This is an exciting new role, working directly for the CEO in managing facilities, H&SW, HR, IT and office administration.We we would consider flexible working and/or part-time for the right candidate.
About The London Irish Centre
The London Irish Centre is the heart of the Irish community in London. We develop and implement projects which showcase the best and protect those in need. Supported by our Patron, Dermot O’Leary, we are the oldest and largest Irish charity in the UK. More than 46,000 people a year benefit from access to our services and events spaces, we engage in excess of 100,000 online and our media coverage reaches millions.
We are a team of 18, primarily based in our large office in Camden, but also with small offices in Kilburn and West Kensington. You will work directly for the CEO in providing administration and support services. Our Camden office is very large, but a significant part of the building is managed by our commercial services partner and we let out parts of the building to 4 small charities.
About the role
- Facilities management for our 20,000 sq ft main office and 2 smaller satellite offices.
- Procurement of office and building supplies and services, and contract monitoring.
- Checking and authorising relevant contractor invoices.
- Liaising with external suppliers and, internally, our commercial partner and 4 tenants.
- Line managing the receptionist and admin support volunteers.
- Overseeing office procedures and systems, including HR administration.
- Implementing health and safety policies and processes.
- Managing our basic IT network in liaison with our IT service provider.
- Coordinating Board and Committee meeting pack-ups.
- Fundraising administration.
You will be an experienced manager who enjoys a broad and varied role and, as we’re a small team, you’ll be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get the work done when required.
- Experience in Office Management/Administration support, ideally in a smaller organisation.
- Experience in facilities management.
- Results focused, but succeeds primarily through influencing.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good IT skills with experience in using the main Microsoft Office packages
- Experience in fundraising, or a related commercial discipline, such as sales and marketing.
- Experience in contract management and procurement.
- Experience in IT systems or financial administration.
- A professional qualification in a relevant field, such as facilities, IT, HR or H&SW.
- Being ethnic Irish, or having lived in Ireland.
You will be based in our main office in leafy Camden Square, a 5-minute walk from Camden Town tube (Northern line) and the overland rail station.
Terms and conditions
The salary for the post will be up to £30k, and you will be entitled to 25-days holiday per annum and other benefits.
We are very supportive of equal opportunities and would be prepared to consider making this a part-time and/or flexible working role. You must be either an EU citizen, or have the right to work in the UK.
Applications by CV and covering letter on no more than 2 sides of A4, outlining how you meet the ‘About You’ requirements above.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact the CEO, Ian McLintock, on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 020 7916 2222.