Will you raise funds for Irish people in need?
Will you run the Regent's Park 10k on Aug 3 to raise funds for our services for Irish people in need?
Date: Sunday, August 3rd 2014
Race Start Time: 9.30am
Location: Regent’s Park, London
Entry Fee: £20
Minimum Sponsorship: £300
Join The Team!
Join us for a 10K run through one of London’s most iconic green spaces this August 3rd, and raise much-needed funds for the London Irish Centre’s work with the Irish community.
This is an ideal run for beginners, as well as the more experienced runner. Even if you’ve never run a 10k before, there’s enough time to get ready - and we’ll support you.
To register or to get more information email Alison on firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject ‘Charity 10K’.
For more info on the race, including a course map etc, see here: http://www.regentsparkraces.org.
Why Run For Us
Your sponsorship will help to raise vital funds to support the London Irish Centre’s work with the Irish community in London.
Each year we help thousands of vulnerable Irish people, from giving advice to a young emigrant who is struggling, to providing outreach services to an older Irish person who is isolated and in need. Last year we helped over 13,000 individuals and we need your help to continue this important work.
‘The London Irish Centre embodies what Irish people do best – those that have, helping those that need. I’d encourage everyone to support their work.’
Patrick Kielty, Comedian
What You’ll Receive
When you join the LIC Running Team, you’ll receive:
- An LIC running vest (woo woo!)
- A fundraising pack with hints and tips for raising sponsorship
- A training plan for the weeks ahead (no matter where you’re at!)
- A dedicated Just Giving site where your friends can donate and you can track your sponsorship
- A picnic lunch in the Park after the race - with family and friends welcome!
- Support from our staff and volunteers every step of the way
- And the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes with helping your fellow Irish people in London
‘If you’re Irish and live in London, you’d be grateful to the London Irish Centre a hundred times a day for the way they help your fellow Irish people.’ Maeve Binchy
If you want to be part of a team running to support the Irish community in London email email@example.com to sign-up and secure your place.
Ní neart go cur le chéile/Together we are stronger.